Last Thursday night saw our first GEMS meeting for 2014, we had over 30 girls attend from grades 1 - 7. We had a great night getting to know the new girls and catching up with the GEMS from Last Year.
Some of you may not know this, but the name GEMS actually stands for ‘Girls Everywhere Meeting their Saviour’. So GEMS is essentially about; sharing the Gospel with young girls, it’s our prayer we can teach and encourage them towards a personal relationship with Christ.
Every year all of our clubs around Australia work through a theme which forms the focus of our teaching throughout the year. This year our theme is It’s God’s…... Handle with Care. We are very enthusiastic about helping our GEMS discover not only that everything belongs to God (including their lives), but also teaching them how we are to be good stewards with what God has intrusted to our care. This year we will look at how we can be good stewards of
- God’s World (caring for God’s Creation)
- God’s Goods (Money & Possessions)
- God’s Temple (Body and Mind)
- God’s Gifts (Spiritual Gifts & Abilities)
- God’s Time (Time)
We ask you as our church family, to please pray for our GEMS Club this year, specifically for;
- Some of these girls have not yet heard the Gospel of Christ, please pray that this year they will come to know Him.
- Pray for girls who are already Christians, that they are able to gain a deeper understanding of what it means to belong to God
- This year we have been blessed with 6 of our grade 8 girls putting their hands up to take on a Junior Leader role, please pray for them as they take on more responsibility and manage high school.
- Finally please pray for our GEMS leaders as they teach and encourage these young girls towards a vibrant relationship with Christ.
GEMS HEAD Leader